Sunday, April 20, 2014

Success

I was in one of the classes a week or so ago & my teacher asked the class to write a short paper on what success is to us. And who we wanted to become in order to make ourselves feel successful. And while most of the people in my class wrote about wanted a nice house, with nice cars.. I couldn't seem to convince myself that money was what would make me feel successful. It just wasn't right. So I thought, and thought, and this is what I came up with..

I grabbed a piece of paper and a pen  & on my paper I simply wrote "I want to be happy." And turned it in. I think I fully understood that assignment, and I'm expecting a really good grade. 

Yes. It's that simple. 5 words. "I want to be happy." That is success to me. Happiness comes from a lot of things. To be truley happy, takes a lot. I want to stay healthy. I want to live out a comfortable life. I want to marry one man, and remain in love with him for the rest of my life. I want to get old, and I want to watch my grand kids. I want to die with a happy heart. No burdens. And no weight on my shoulders. I want my future kids to live a life like I have. I want to give them everything my parents have given me. I want to enjoy going to work. I want to keep great friends. I want to enjoy all the little things in life..

.. I want to be happy. 

1 comment: